Located in the province of Alicante in Spain, the port of Dénia is a popular maritime destination on the east coast of the country. Known for its stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea, the port is highly regarded for its exceptional facilities and mooring services, ensuring a hassle-free sailing experience for tourists and sailors alike. The port offers a wide array of activities, including water sports, fishing, cruises, and excursions to Ibiza and Formentera islands. Additionally, the port area is home to a vibrant and lively town with a bustling promenade, restaurants, bars, and shops. Boasting a strategic location surrounded by stunning landscapes, the port of Dénia is a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to Spain.
Things to do in Dénia
Located on the Mediterranean coast of Spain, Dénia is a small town known for its beautiful beaches, rich history, and world-class cuisine. From sandy shorelines to towering castles, there is no shortage of things to see and do in Dénia. Here are a few recommendations for your next trip:
1. Visit the Castle of Dénia - Perched on a hilltop overlooking the town and the sea, this 11th-century castle is a must-see attraction.
2. Spend a day at the beach - Dénia has miles of sandy beaches, including Las Marinas and Les Rotes, where you can soak up the sun and swim in the crystal-clear waters of the Mediterranean.
3. Take a boat trip to Javea - Hop on a boat and take a short ride to Javea, a neighboring town with a charming Old Town and beautiful coves.
4. Explore the old town - Take a stroll through the narrow streets of the old town and admire the colorful houses, historic buildings, and picturesque plazas.
5. Eat paella - Considered one of the best places to try authentic paella, Dénia has many restaurants that serve this famous Spanish dish.
6. Shop at the market - The local market in Dénia is a great place to buy fresh fruits and vegetables, seafood, and other local specialties.
7. Visit the toy museum - If you're traveling with children, don't miss the Toy Museum, which has a wide variety of toys from different eras.
Whether you're looking for a relaxing beach vacation or a cultural experience, Dénia has something for everyone.
Getting around in Dénia
Dénia Spain is a beautiful coastal town located in the province of Alicante. One of the best ways to get around the town is by foot or bike. Most of the town's attractions are within walking distance and biking is a great way to explore the nearby beaches and countryside. Taxis are also readily available throughout the town and can be easily hailed from the street or booked through a mobile app. Buses provide affordable transport to neighboring towns and villages, and the train station connects visitors to larger cities such as Valencia and Alicante. With a variety of transportation options available, getting around Dénia Spain is convenient and hassle-free.