The port of Kerkyra, also known as Corfu, is a beautiful port located on the eastern coast of the Greek island of Corfu. It is a bustling hub of activity, serving as a major gateway to the island and connecting it to other nearby ports in Greece and Italy. The port boasts modern facilities, top-notch services, and a wide range of amenities for both passengers and cargo. The surrounding area is breathtakingly beautiful, featuring crystal clear waters, lush greenery, and charming towns and villages. With its convenient location, excellent infrastructure, and natural beauty, Kerkyra is one of the most popular ports in Greece for both tourists and locals alike.
Things to do in Kerkyra (Corfu)
Kerkyra, also known as Corfu, is a beautiful Greek island located in the Ionian Sea. This charming island is the perfect destination for travelers who want to experience the rich history, culture, and natural beauty of Greece. Kerkyra has something for everyone, from the gorgeous beaches, picturesque villages, and ancient landmarks to the local cuisine, vibrant nightlife, and relaxing spas. Here are some of the best things you can do in Kerkyra:
1. Visit the Old Town of Corfu - This charming area is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is filled with beautiful architecture, narrow streets, and traditional shops.
2. Relax on the Beaches - Kerkyra is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in Greece, including Paleokastritsa, Agios Gordios, and Glyfada Beach.
3. Explore the Achilleion Palace - This stunning palace was built by Empress Elisabeth of Austria and is filled with beautiful gardens and ancient sculptures.
4. Take a Boat Tour - Explore the crystal blue waters around Kerkyra by taking a boat tour or renting a private yacht.
5. Visit the Mon Repos Palace - This historic palace is surrounded by beautiful gardens and was the birthplace of Prince Philip, the husband of Queen Elizabeth II.
6. Go Hiking in the Mountains - Kerkyra is home to several mountains and trails that are perfect for hikers looking to explore the island's natural beauty.
7. Enjoy the Local Cuisine - Taste some traditional Greek dishes like moussaka, souvlaki, and Greek salad at one of the many local restaurants.
8. Relax in a Spa - Kerkyra is home to several spas and wellness centers that offer massages, facials, and other relaxing treatments.
9. Experience the Nightlife - In the evening, Kerkyra comes alive with bars, clubs, and beach clubs playing music until the early hours of the morning.
10. Visit the Vlacherna Monastery - This beautiful monastery is located on a small island near Kerkyra and is accessible by boat or footbridge.
Getting around in Kerkyra (Corfu)
Getting around in Kerkyra, Greece is pretty easy. The best option is to rent a car or a scooter to explore the island on your own. There are also buses that run regularly between the major towns and villages on the island. Taxis are also available, but can be expensive. Walking is another great option, especially if you want to explore the old town of Kerkyra. Alternatively, there are plenty of boat tours and water taxis that will take you to some of the island's most beautiful beaches and attractions.