The port of Agia Marina is a bustling seaside hub located on the island of Aegina in Greece. Surrounded by picturesque turquoise waters and scenic hills, the port offers a wide range of services and amenities to both tourists and locals alike. Here, visitors can find an abundance of traditional tavernas serving fresh seafood, coffee shops and cafes, as well as numerous shops and boutiques. The port is also the launch point for a plethora of local island tours and water-based activities, including sailing, windsurfing, and scuba diving. With its warm and inviting atmosphere and stunning natural surroundings, the port of Agia Marina is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Greece.
Things to do in Agia Marina
Agia Marina is a picturesque coastal town located in the island of Aegina in Greece. Known for its crystal-clear waters, traditional Greek charm, and idyllic beaches, Agia Marina is a popular holiday destination for tourists around the world. From relaxing on the beach to exploring ancient sites, here's a list of things you can do in Agia Marina:
1. Visit the Temple of Aphaia: This ancient temple is located just a short drive away from Agia Marina and is a must-visit for history enthusiasts.
2. Go on a boat tour: Explore the island's stunning coastline and hidden coves on a boat tour, which often includes stops for snorkeling and swimming.
3. Relax on the beach: Agia Marina is home to a variety of beaches, from quiet and secluded to lively and bustling. Grab a sun lounger, sit back, and soak up the sun.
4. Discover local food: Greece is known for its delicious traditional cuisine, and Agia Marina is no exception. Sample local dishes like moussaka, tzatziki, and souvlaki at one of the many tavernas and restaurants.
5. Experience nightlife: The town comes alive at night with plenty of bars and clubs, from laid-back lounges to lively dance spots.
6. Visit the Monastery of Saint Nektarios: Located just outside Agia Marina, this is one of the most important pilgrimage sites in Greece.
7. Take a hike: Aegina has many scenic hiking trails, including the popular trail to the peak of Mount Oros.
8. Go shopping: From handmade crafts to locally produced olive oil, Agia Marina has many shops selling unique souvenirs and gifts.
9. Take a cooking class: Learn how to cook traditional Greek dishes from the locals themselves in a fun and informative cooking class.
10. Take a day trip: Explore nearby islands or visit Athens, which is just an hour away by ferry.
Getting around in Agia Marina
Agia Marina, located on the Greek island of Aegina, is a small and charming village that can easily be explored on foot. The main road of the village runs parallel to the beach and has plenty of shops, restaurants, and cafes to explore. Visitors can also rent bicycles or scooters to explore the surrounding areas, including the historic Temple of Aphaea and the scenic coastal roads. Public buses also run regularly between Agia Marina and the island's main town, Aegina, which has additional transportation options such as taxis and ferries. Navigating around Agia Marina is easy and enjoyable, with stunning views of the Aegean Sea to enjoy along the way.