Evdilos is a small picturesque port located on the northern part of the Greek island of Ikaria. It is a charming and tranquil village famous for its traditional stone houses and its crystal-clear waters. The port is surrounded by lush vegetation and stunning landscapes, making it a favorite spot for tourists and locals alike. Despite its small size, Evdilos offers a range of amenities, including restaurants, cafes and small shops, making it a great place to relax and spend some time enjoying the beauty of the island. The port is also an ideal starting point for exploring the rest of Ikaria, especially for those looking to discover its natural wonders and rich cultural heritage.
Things to do in Evdilos
Evdilos is a beautiful coastal town located on the northern coast of the island of Ikaria in Greece. This charming town is the second-largest in Ikaria and offers visitors plenty of things to see and do. Whether you are a history buff, a nature lover or just looking for a relaxing vacation spot, Evdilos has something for everyone. Here is a list of things you can do in Evdilos:
1. Visit the Archaeological Museum of Ikaria
2. Explore the ruins of the ancient city of Kampos
3. Take a stroll along the picturesque harbor
4. Visit the Church of Agios Kirikos
5. Go for a swim at the nearby beaches of Armenistis and Nas
6. Go hiking in the surrounding hills and mountains
7. Sample local cuisine at one of the many tavernas
8. Attend one of the many festivals throughout the year, such as the Ikaria International Jazz Festival or the Ikaria Food Festival
9. Visit nearby traditional villages, such as Christos Raches
10. Relax and soak up the sun on one of the many beautiful beaches in the area.
Overall, Evdilos is a beautiful town that offers visitors the perfect combination of culture, history, and natural beauty. A visit to this charming coastal town is sure to be a memorable experience that you won't soon forget.
Getting around in Evdilos
To get around in Evdilos, one can walk, use a car or motorcycle, rent a bicycle, or take a bus. The center of Evdilos is small enough to explore on foot, and there are plenty of shops, restaurants, and cafes to stop at along the way. Rental cars and motorcycles are available at the port or in nearby villages for those who want to explore the island further. Bicycles can also be rented from various shops in the center of Evdilos. Buses run regularly from Evdilos to other parts of the island, making it easy to reach beaches, villages, and other attractions. Overall, navigation in Evdilos is relatively simple, and visitors have plenty of options to choose from depending on their preferences.