The port of Panarea is a charming and picturesque harbor located on the small island of Panarea, which is a part of the Aeolian Islands in Italy. It is a popular destination for tourists who are drawn to the island's natural beauty, stunning ash-white beaches, and crystal-clear waters. The port is surrounded by quaint, colorful houses, and a bustling pedestrian promenade dotted with shops, cafes, and restaurants. On arrival, you can enjoy a leisurely stroll along the pier, watching the boats come and go or visit the little shops to buy souvenirs. From the port, visitors can also easily explore the island's scenic landscape and visit popular attractions like the Cala Junco beach and the prehistoric village of Capo Milazzese. With its charming atmosphere and tranquil ambiance, the port of Panarea is a perfect spot for a relaxing getaway.
Things to do in Panarea
Panarea is a small but delightful Italian island located in the Aeolian archipelago. Despite its size, it is a popular destination for those who love turquoise waters, white sandy beaches, and stunning riviera views. Here are some of the top things to do in Panarea:
1. Visit the prehistoric village of Capo Milazzese
2. Take a scenic boat tour around the island and discover its hidden coves and caves
3. Try local Aeolian cuisine in one of the island's many restaurants and cafes
4. Explore the colourful underwater world of the island through snorkelling or diving
5. Watch the sunset from Punta del Corvo, a rugged shoreline that offers a stunning panoramic view of the island
6. Walk along the island's picturesque streets, lined with white buildings and colourful flowers
7. Visit the charming Chiesa di San Pietro, a small but beautiful church located on a hilltop overlooking the sea
8. Enjoy a relaxing day at Cala Junco, the island's most beautiful beach known for its crystal-clear waters and stunning surroundings.
Overall, Panarea is a perfect destination for those in search of relaxation, natural beauty, and sun-soaked moments, offering a little something for every type of traveller.
Getting around in Panarea
When in Panarea, the best way to get around the island is on foot. The quaint little village is small and easy to navigate, so walking is the ideal option. Alternatively, you can also rent a scooter or a golf cart to explore the island at your own pace. However, keep in mind that cars are not allowed on the island, so renting a scooter or a golf cart is the best way to get around. There are also boat tours offered which allow you to explore the surrounding waters and nearby islands. Additionally, there are taxis available as well, but they may be expensive. In summary, walking and renting a scooter or a golf cart are the most practical and enjoyable ways to get around Panarea.