The port of Paros is located on the western coast of the island of Paros in Greece. It is a bustling hub of activity where ferries and boats come and go daily, connecting the island with various destinations in the Aegean Sea. The port is lined with cafes, restaurants, and shops selling souvenirs, and offers stunning views of the surrounding hills and blue waters. It is the main entry point for visitors to the island and provides easy access to the charming villages, sandy beaches, and ancient archaeological sites that Paros is known for.
Things to do in Paros
Paros is a beautiful Greek island located in the Aegean Sea, known for its gorgeous beaches, charming villages, and rich history. If you're planning a trip to Paros, make sure to check out the following activities and attractions:
1. Visit the ancient village of Lefkes - this small village is located in the center of Paros and offers stunning views of the island. You can explore the charming streets, admire the traditional architecture, and visit the Byzantine church of Agia Triada.
2. Explore the beaches - Paros has some of the best beaches in Greece, including Kolymbithres, Santa Maria, and Golden Beach. Whether you prefer lounging in the sun or trying your hand at water sports, there's a beach for everyone.
3. Go scuba diving - Paros is home to some incredible underwater scenery, including shipwrecks, caves, and reefs. There are numerous dive centers on the island that offer courses and tours for all levels.
4. Visit the butterfly valley - located in the southern part of Paros, this nature reserve is home to thousands of butterflies from June to September. It's a magical sight to see!
5. Discover the local cuisine - Paros is known for its delicious traditional dishes, including fresh seafood, fava beans, and locally produced cheese and wine. Make sure to visit some local tavernas and sample the delights!
6. Visit the archaeological museum - if you're interested in history, the Paros Archaeological Museum is a must-visit. It showcases artifacts and exhibits from the island's rich history, including ancient pottery, statues, and jewelry.
7. Take a sunset cruise - watching the sunset from the water is an unforgettable experience, and there are numerous boat tours that offer just that. You'll see the island from a different perspective and enjoy some stunning views.
Getting around in Paros
Getting around in Paros is quite easy and convenient. The most common mode of transport is by bus, which connects all major towns and villages on the island. The bus network is quite reliable and affordable, with services running frequently throughout the day. Taxis are also readily available and can be found at designated stands in the main towns. To explore the island at your own pace, you can hire a car, motorbike or ATV from various rental shops. It is recommended to book in advance during peak season to avoid disappointment. Lastly, walking and cycling are great ways to explore the smaller villages and hidden gems of Paros, allowing you to soak up the authentic island vibe at a leisurely pace.