The port of Playa Blanca is a tranquil coastal settlement located in the southern part of the island of Lanzarote, Spain. The port is a hub of activity for tourists visiting the island, serving as a gateway to other areas of Lanzarote, the neighboring island of Fuerteventura, and the stunning beaches of Papagayo. It features modern passenger terminals with a variety of amenities, and frequent ferries connect the port to Fuerteventura, Corralejo, and other destinations in the surrounding region. Playa Blanca harbor boasts a long promenade lined with an impressive array of shops, bars, and restaurants, catering to the diverse tastes and preferences of visitors. The port provides a picturesque setting against the dramatic backdrop of volcanic mountains, making it an ideal spot to soak up some sun or explore the natural beauty of Lanzarote.
Things to do in Playa Blanca
Introduction: Playa Blanca is a charming resort town located on the southern coast of Lanzarote, one of Spain's Canary Islands. This picturesque coastal town offers breathtaking panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean, gorgeous golden beaches, and a wide array of activities and attractions for visitors to choose from. Here are some of the top things to do in Playa Blanca.
1. Visit the beaches - Playa Blanca has some of the best beaches in Lanzarote. The most popular ones include Playa Dorada, Playa Flamingo, and Papagayo Beach.
2. Explore the Marina Rubicon - This modern marina offers a great shopping and dining experience as well as a fantastic place to take a walk and enjoy the scenic views. There is also a regular market held here which offers fresh, local produce and handcrafted goods.
3. Take a volcano tour - The Timanfaya National Park is a unique natural wonder consisting of the largest volcanic fields in Europe, and is a must-visit for any visitor to Lanzarote. Take a guided tour and witness the geothermal activity first-hand.
4. Enjoy water sports - From snorkeling and diving to windsurfing and jet skiing, Playa Blanca offers a variety of water activities for visitors to enjoy.
5. Visit the Castillo de las Coloradas - This ancient defensive fortress was built in the 18th century and offers a great cultural experience.
6. Take a day trip to Fuerteventura - Playa Blanca is just a short ferry ride away from the neighboring island of Fuerteventura, known for its stunning beaches and dunes.
7. Go hiking - Lanzarote's unique volcanic landscape and scenic trails make it a great destination for hiking enthusiasts, with several trekking options available across the island.
8. Enjoy the nightlife - Playa Blanca has a range of bars and nightclubs to entertain both young and old visitors alike.
In conclusion, Playa Blanca is a wonderful vacation destination, offering a perfect blend of breathtaking natural beauty and exciting activities to keep visitors entertained throughout their stay.
Getting around in Playa Blanca
To get around Playa Blanca, there are several options. Walking is a great way to explore the town's charming streets and beaches. Alternatively, you can rent a bike or scooter to cover more ground. The local bus service is also affordable and reliable, with routes that connect Playa Blanca to other towns on the island. If you want to explore further afield, there are plenty of car rental companies in Playa Blanca with competitive rates. For travel to the neighboring island of Fuerteventura, you can take a ferry from the nearby port.