Poros is a charming port town located on the picturesque island of Poros in Greece. This stunning seaside town boasts crystal-clear waters, striking landscapes and a rich cultural heritage. The port of Poros is small in size, making it easy to walk around and explore its architectural marvels, such as the impressive clock tower and the historic Poros Palace. The port area is also lined with several shops, cafes and restaurants that serve authentic Greek cuisine and freshly caught seafood. Visitors can spend their days taking leisurely walks along the promenade, sunbathing on the beaches or exploring the rest of the island by boat. Poros is truly a hidden gem in the Mediterranean that is worth a visit for anyone who wants to experience the breathtaking beauty and untold stories of Greece.
Things to do in Poros
Poros is a beautiful destination located in Greece that offers its visitors a taste of authentic Greek island life. This picturesque island boasts stunning beaches, charming cobbled streets, and a rich cultural history that dates back centuries. Here are some activities that you can do in Poros that will make your vacation truly memorable:
1. Go Beach-Hopping - Poros is home to several beautiful beaches, including the popular Love Bay and Askeli Beach. During the summer months, you can spend your days lounging on the sand, swimming in the crystal clear waters, and soaking up the sun.
2. Explore the Island by Bike - Renting a bike is a great way to explore Poros at your own pace. The island has plenty of scenic routes ranging from gentle coastal paths to more challenging hills and valleys.
3. Visit the Historical Landmarks - Poros has a rich cultural heritage, which is reflected in its array of historical landmarks such as the famous Clock Tower and the Temple of Poseidon. You can also visit the iconic Lemon Tree Forest, which is a popular attraction for nature lovers.
4. Go Sailing - The island is known for its excellent sailing conditions, and you can rent a sailboat to explore the surrounding waters. You can observe the stunning coastline views from the sea and have a chance to spot dolphins and other marine life.
5. Taste the Local Cuisine - Poros has a fantastic food culture that combines the best of traditional Greek and international cuisine. You can indulge in delicious seafood dishes, savor freshly baked pastries, and try local wines and spirits.
In summary, Poros offers something for everyone, whether you want to relax on the beach, explore the island's rich history, or indulge in the local cuisine. It's a vacation destination that you don't want to miss!
Getting around in Poros
Poros Greece can be easily explored on foot, as it's a small island. If you're looking to explore the island's surrounding areas, you can rent a bicycle, scooter or even a quad bike. There are a number of rental shops in Poros, with prices ranging from €15-€30 per day depending on the type of vehicle you choose. You can also take a boat tour of the island, which will take you to some of the island's most beautiful beaches and coves. If you need to travel further out, there are regular ferry connections to Athens and other nearby islands. A taxi or bus can also be used to get around the island. Taxis can be found at the port or you can call for one from your accommodation. The bus station is located in Poros Town and connects most of the island's settlements.