Porto Heli is a picturesque coastal town located in the southern Peloponnese region of Greece. The port of Porto Heli is a small but charming marina that welcomes visitors from all around the world. With its crystal-clear waters, stunning scenery and great amenities, Porto Heli port is a popular destination for yacht owners and sailors. As a hub of activity, the port has numerous shops, restaurants, and cafes nearby, making it an ideal spot to relax and indulge in delicious Mediterranean cuisine after a long day of sailing. Overall, the port of Porto Heli is a must-see destination for anyone planning a visit to Greece.
Things to do in Porto Heli
Porto Heli is a picturesque coastal town located in the eastern coast of the Peloponnese Peninsula of Greece. This quaint little town is a must-visit destination for those who are looking to enjoy a tranquil and relaxing vacation away from the hustle and bustle of busy cities. Apart from its beautiful white-pebble beaches and crystal-clear waters, the town is also known for its rich culture and history, making it a perfect spot for history buffs and those interested in Greek mythology.
Here are some of the top things to enjoy and explore during your stay in Porto Heli:
1. Visit the nearby islands - Take a day trip to the picturesque islands of Spetses, Hydra, and Dokos that are located just a short boat ride away from the town.
2. Relax on the beaches - Choose from a range of beaches such as Ververonda, Hinitsa, and Agios Aimilianos, and spend a lazy afternoon soaking up the sun.
3. Go hiking - Explore the beautiful countryside around Porto Heli on one of the many hiking trails available.
4. Visit Ancient Epidaurus - Take a short drive to this ancient site and witness the stunning acoustics of the theater that is over 2,000 years old.
5. Admire the architecture - Stroll around the town and admire the beautiful architecture of the traditional white-washed homes.
6. Go shopping - Visit the local shops and boutiques to pick up some souvenirs, clothes, and accessories.
7. Try the local cuisine - Savor delicious Greek food and wine at the town's many restaurants and tavernas.
8. Watersports - Try your hand at exciting water sports such as scuba diving, windsurfing, and jet skiing.
9. Learn about the history - Explore the rich history and culture of Porto Heli by visiting its many museums and landmarks.
10. Participate in local festivals - Participate in local festivals such as the Carnival of Porto Heli and the Fisherman's Festival to enjoy traditional music, dance, and food.
Getting around in Porto Heli
To get around in Porto Heli, you can use a combination of transportation methods. Walking is a good option for exploring the town center and nearby beaches. Taxis are available throughout the area and can be found at taxi stands or hailed on the street. Motorcycles and scooters are also available for rent and are a popular way to get around the narrow and winding roads. To visit nearby towns and explore the surrounding areas, you can rent a car or take a bus from the local bus station. Navigation apps such as Google Maps are helpful for finding the best routes and directions.