The port of Santa Teresa Gallura is located in the northernmost part of Sardinia, Italy, and serves as a gateway to the beautiful Corsica Island in France. It is a modern and well-equipped port, providing a range of services to its visitors. Tourists and locals can enjoy stunning views of the clear blue sea and the impressive granite cliffs that surround the harbor. The port is easily accessible and has excellent facilities for boaters, including mooring, fuel supplies, water and electricity connections, and a shipyard for repairs and maintenance. Santa Teresa Gallura has become a popular destination for those who want to explore the stunning natural beauty of Sardinia and Corsica, as well as for those who want to engage in water sports or simply relax on the beach.
Things to do in Santa Teresa Gallura (Sardinia)
Santa Teresa Gallura, nestled in the northeastern tip of Sardinia, is a charming seaside resort town, that boasts crystal-clear waters, sandy beaches, and breathtaking landscapes, making it a perfect destination for those looking for a relaxing holiday, with plenty of outdoor activities to indulge in. Here are the top things to do in Santa Teresa Gallura:
1. Visit the stunning beaches- La Spiaggia Rena Bianca, Spiaggia del Porto, and Valle dell'Erica are the most famous beaches dotted with turquoise waters and white sands.
2. Go for a boat trip to the Archipelago di La Maddalena- Explore the magnificent islands, campgrounds and white sand beach with the Mediterranean vegetation made of junipers and aleppo pines.
3. Discover the ancient history- Visit the archaeological site of Lu Brandali to see megalithic tombs, nuraghe towers, and historical artifacts.
4. Shop at the Open-air market- It offers a variety of local handicrafts and delicious Sardinian food, try some Bottarga and Myrtle liqueur.
5. Take a hike to Capo Testa- Admire the breathtaking views of the coast, walk through woodlands and granite rock formations.
6. Enjoy water sports- Windsurfing, snorkeling, kayaking and diving are some of the water-based activities to do in Santa Teresa Gallura.
7. Visit the lighthouse- Faro di Capo Testa is an iconic landmark, located atop a hill, offers panoramic views of the coast and the sea.
Santa Teresa Gallura offers a perfect balance of relaxation and outdoor adventure, making it a great destination to explore Sardinia's unspoiled natural beauty.
Getting around in Santa Teresa Gallura (Sardinia)
Getting around in Santa Teresa Gallura, Italy is relatively easy as it is a small town. Walking is a popular way to explore the town and enjoy its beautiful scenery. If you need to travel further, there are bus services operating between Santa Teresa and other towns in Sardinia, such as Olbia and Palau. Car rental is another option, with several companies providing services within the town. Driving is a great way to explore the surrounding areas and reach more secluded beaches, although parking can be challenging during peak season. Alternatively, you may opt for a taxi or hire a motorbike or scooter to get around easier. Whatever mode of transport you choose, always remember to follow the traffic rules and regulations to ensure a safe and enjoyable journey.