The port of Volos is a major commercial and passenger port located on the eastern coast of Greece. It serves as the gateway to the beautiful Sporades islands and is one of the busiest ports in the region. The port offers excellent facilities for cargo handling, including a modern container terminal and a bulk handling terminal. There are also several passenger terminals that offer services to destinations such as Skiathos, Skopelos, and Alonissos. The port of Volos is an important hub for the shipping industry in Greece and is renowned for its high quality services, safety standards, and efficient operations.
Things to do in Volos
Volos is a coastal city in Greece that offers many exciting activities for tourists. It is located at the foothills of Mount Pelion, a breathtakingly beautiful mountain range. Volos is known for its natural beauty, rich history, delicious cuisine, and vibrant nightlife. Here is a list of things you can do in Volos:
1. Visit the Archaeological Museum of Volos - The museum showcases the rich history of the city and the surrounding areas.
2. Take a stroll in the Argonafton pedestrian street - This street is lined with cafes, bars, and shops, and is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the local atmosphere.
3. Climb Mount Pelion - If you enjoy hiking and stunning mountain views, then a trek up Mount Pelion is a must-do activity.
4. Visit the Volos Port - The port is a hub of activity with ferries departing for the nearby islands of Skiathos, Skopelos, and Alonissos.
5. Explore the Anavros Park - A beautiful park with plenty of walking trails, facilities for families, cafes, and a small lake.
6. Taste the local cuisine - Volos is known for its scrumptious seafood, spinach pie, and tsipouro (a traditional Greek alcoholic drink).
7. Take a trip to the Pagasetic Gulf - This gulf is located just outside the city and offers many exciting water activities such as jet-skiing, sailing and boat tours.
8. Shop at the Central Market of Volos - This local market is full of fresh produce, seafood, meat, and handmade crafts.
Volos offers a wide range of activities for tourists of all ages and interests. Don't forget to indulge in the fantastic local cuisine and take in the city's history and culture while exploring.
Getting around in Volos
To get around in Volos, Greece, there are several options depending on your preferences. Walking and cycling are popular choices, as the city has several pedestrian-friendly areas and bike rental services are available. Taxis and buses are also readily available and cost-effective, with a bus station located in the city center. If you’re looking to explore the surrounding areas, renting a car is a good option, with several car rental companies located in Volos. Additionally, there is a train station located in the city, providing access to nearby regions and cities. With these transportation options available, getting around Volos is convenient and efficient.