The port of La Palma is located in the city of Santa Cruz on the island of La Palma in Spain. It is a small but busy port that primarily serves as a hub for cargo ships and ferries. The port is known for its scenic beauty and is a popular destination for tourists who enjoy watching the ships come and go, exploring the nearby shops and restaurants, and taking in the stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean. The port is easily accessible by road and is well-connected to other parts of the island, making it a convenient location for travelers looking to explore La Palma.
Things to do in Santa Cruz
La Palma is a beautiful island located in the Canary Islands, Spain. Known as the "Isla Bonita" or the "Beautiful Island," it's a true gem of the Atlantic Ocean. La Palma is a place with a lot of diversity in terms of nature and culture. Here are some of the things you can do when you visit this fantastic island:
1. Hiking: La Palma offers some of the most stunning hiking trails in the Canary Islands. There are over 1,000 km of hiking trails, ranging from easy walks to mountain hikes.
2. Stargazing: La Palma is considered as one of the best places in the world for stargazing. The island has clear skies and low light pollution, making it an ideal place for observing the night sky.
3. Beaches: La Palma has some beautiful black-sand beaches that are perfect for a day out in the sun.
4. Volcano tours: La Palma is home to one of the most active volcanoes in the Canary Islands, and you can take a tour to see the stunning volcanic landscapes.
5. Whale watching: La Palma has a wide variety of marine life, and you can go on a whale watching tour to see dolphins, orcas, and other marine creatures.
6. Local cuisine: La Palma has a rich culinary tradition, and you can try the Canarian cuisine at local restaurants and cafes.
7. Museums: La Palma has several museums that showcase the island's history and culture, including the La Palma Museum and the Naval Museum of Santa Cruz de La Palma.
8. Water activities: La Palma is the perfect place for water sports like surfing, windsurfing, and kayaking.
Overall, La Palma is a paradise for adventure enthusiasts, nature lovers, foodies and anyone who is looking for a unique cultural experience.
Getting around in Santa Cruz
When visiting La Palma, the best way to get around is by renting a car. There are plenty of car rental companies available at the airport as well as in Santa Cruz, the capital of the island. Public transportation is limited, and taxis can be expensive. The island is small, and it is easy to navigate through the well-maintained roads. Make sure to have a map, and follow the speed limits as the roads can be winding and steep in some areas. Walking is an option if you are staying in the town center, as the streets are walkable, and there are plenty of restaurants, shops and cafes to explore on foot.