The port of Skopelos is located in the northern Aegean Sea, on the island of Skopelos in Greece. It is a picturesque and charming port that offers visitors a welcoming and vibrant atmosphere. The port is surrounded by lush green hillsides, crystal clear waters, and a beautifully quaint town that is filled with traditional Greek buildings and winding streets. It is a popular destination for tourists who want to experience the authentic Greek lifestyle, enjoy fresh seafood, and relax in the sun. The port also serves as a gateway to some of the island's stunning beaches and scenic spots, making it an ideal starting point for exploration. Overall, the port of Skopelos in Greece is a hidden gem that should not be missed by anyone visiting the area.
Things to do in Skopelos
Skopelos is a beautiful island located in the Aegean Sea and is one of the lesser-known Greek islands. This hidden gem is a must-visit for travelers looking to escape the crowds and enjoy the tranquil surroundings. The island has everything from stunning beaches to beautiful landscapes and a rich cultural heritage. Here are some of the things you can do in Skopelos:
1. Visit the picturesque village of Skopelos Town: Skopelos Town is the capital of the island and is a charming village that showcases traditional Greek architecture.
2. Relax on beautiful beaches: Skopelos has beautiful beaches, some of which are secluded and perfect for relaxing in the sun.
3. Take a hike: Skopelos has many beautiful trails that lead you through green forests and offer stunning views of the landscape and sea.
4. Visit the famous Church of Agios Ioannis: This church is famous for being featured in the movie Mamma Mia! and offers incredible views of the island.
5. Explore the island by boat: One of the best ways to explore Skopelos is by boat. You can rent a boat and explore the beautiful coastline and hidden bays.
6. Taste delicious food: Skopelos has a rich culinary heritage, and you can taste traditional Greek dishes at local taverns and restaurants.
7. Visit historic sites: Skopelos has a rich history, and you can visit sites like the Venetian Castle or the Monastery of Evangelistria.
8. Go scuba diving: Skopelos has crystal clear waters that are perfect for scuba diving. You can explore the underwater world and discover the diverse marine life of the Aegean Sea.
9. Enjoy the nightlife: Skopelos may be a tranquil island, but it also has a lively nightlife. You can enjoy cocktails at beach bars or enjoy live music at local clubs.
10. Shop for souvenirs: Skopelos is known for its traditional crafts, and you can find many unique souvenirs like handmade pottery, jewelry, and textiles in local shops and markets.
Getting around in Skopelos
To get around in Skopelos Greece, the best options are walking, biking, or renting a car or a motorbike. Walking is a fantastic way to explore the charming and picturesque alleys of the island. Biking is also a convenient and eco-friendly way to discover hidden corners, beaches, and breathtaking views of the Aegean Sea. Renting a car or a motorbike is highly recommended if you plan to visit remote beaches, mountain villages, or scenic spots that are not easily accessible by foot or bike. With a rental vehicle, you can also visit neighboring towns and islands. Moreover, there are regular buses that connect Skopelos town with various beaches and villages on the island, making it easier to explore the island without your own transportation.